Labels

Report Abuse

Pages

Instagram Photo Gallery

Follow me on Facebook

Search

Skip to main content

INSTAGRAM ALGORITHM

 

I have started to hate instagram not because how influencers flex their life like they have it all. I can never understand how they can keep up with the façade and I don’t want to get to it now. I hate it because at times it just makes me feel claustrophobic. I hate it how Instagram has turned so intrusive and manipulative. Stastically also, Instagram scores worst when it comes to mental well being.

The moment I decide to forgive someone and move on with things, Instagram algorithm will come up with all the post telling me how I should carry on with the rage. When I try keeping up with the affirmation that I am healthy enough, next moment I will come across a post which tells how PCOS can lead to infertility. Do you see any alignment here? I know you have rigorously invaded my mind but can you atleast keep up with the synchronisation of my thoughts? I know my mind, my secrets has been mapped in zeroes and ones but can you not juxtapose my thoughts? It’s unsettling.

A distorted idea of what’s going on in my mind or how my life is in general is just right there on all the apps; Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. My YouTube feed will tell you my attempts on learning to meditate. My Instagram will reflect me in the least subtle way. It will tell how badly I need a therapy. I have lost the count how many times Instagram has made me consider that I have depression. And let’s not even talk about the political opinions skewed by biases right there; like it’s meant to radicalize us. No ways it has been tentative in dealing with the right wing extremists.

The glitches of Instagram lapse though can sometimes feel like a triumph, okay you don’t know me completely but at the same time it is unsettling. I don’t know which opinion I am supposed to be polarized to because apparently everyone has an opinion and every second person is an influencer. Everytime I come across a self-indulgent, pointless, biased opinion, I can’t help but ruminate about it. And also a possibility to consider it. The point I am making here is there is already an invasion which you cant fight for but at the same time putting contradictory opinions, thoughts, facts forth can just leave you in trenches. I absolutely hate thinking that I am being ‘watched’ and ‘shaped’ by algorithms.

Comments