Labels

Report Abuse

Pages

Instagram Photo Gallery

Follow me on Facebook

Search

Skip to main content

Love Warriors - Glennon Doyle




 Recently I have started ticking off list from Oprah Winfrey Book Club and this was one of my pick. I am often afraid to learn about authors that I come to admire but I love this lady Glennon Doyle who has been so authentic and unapologetic throughout her story. She has peeled all layers of herself and presented the most vulnerable core of her. And I tell you it’s rare. People don’t do that. How often do we shed our vulnerability and strip to the bare self? 

The memoir has got a perfect blend of being reflective and consuming. I contemplated through and through. You sit with Glennon Doyle and how her life unravels from continuous binging and purging – A bullimic and addict teen to Abortion, Pregnancy – Marriage, Infidelity and Redemption that follows. I like it how she gets more confronting with herself and her pain and tries to ‘unbecome’ everytime she comes out of it. She doesn’t let the world define shame for her. She makes herself valid while fiercely discovering herself. She doesn’t sit down to stich her past rather she faces it, confronts it, questions it. I couldn’t agree more with the point she makes about god and Redemption. . The chord that connects you to the writer is her honesty. It’s like prying into her life deeply. There is no glorification, no underplay. Just an unfiltered memoir.

At one point of time, her story also discomforted me, questioned me in many ways. This bare, candid story will ask you to  reflect on how you have been concealing yourself in myriad ways and refraining in being yourself just because God, society, has fed you with a narration of how one should be or feel. She has layed down the story so cohesively that everyone at some point can definitely relate to her. It also reveals how an ideal, stereotypical narration about ‘masculinity’ and ‘feminity’ just makes any relationship obscur – to truly know each other. You have to UNLEARN, UNBECOME to be a warrior.

Comments